
Christmas is my favorite time of year. It is a magical time of year with the lights, decorations and the faces of children alit up in amazement, celebrating the birth of the Christ child. Baking, decorating the house, gift wrapping, parties, spending time with family and friends, giving to others, secret santas, pokeno, Dickens Village and christmas cards. We had our first dinner of the season at Grace in downtown Ft. Worth. The food was excellent and all the girls in our department were there. It was a great evening. Saturday morning is the LD Bell craft fair and it is a huge event. I am going early so I can get back home and meet up with Ed so we can do some shopping. Sunday, I need to do some baking for my secret santa at work. It is always fun to do the Secret Santas each year as we have been doing it for 4 years now. I hope somebody fun got my name this year....I hope the person I drew likes my gifts. I also need to finish decorating the tree before my pokeno group comes on Thursday night. My Dickens Village is up and consumes my living room but it looks so beautiful. Saturday is our Company party and it is always fun...nice dinner, casino night, and fabulous door prizes. Hope I still fit into my dress! We are having to miss our good friends party this year as it was on the same night. On the 19th Sandy and I are taking Connie to Salado for a girl's weekend of shopping for her birthday. Hope to find a few gifts while we are there. I am so thankful to have so many friends to celebrate the holidays with and of course my wonderful family.

No comments:
Post a Comment