Thursday, February 3, 2011

We're Engaged

December 11, 2010 Chase called Ed and I and said he needed to talk to us about Emily. At first I thought something was wrong and then I thought oh...he wanted some ideas for Christmas gifts.
We were at McAlister's having lunch. I told Ed "I think Chase wants ideas for Emily's christmas gift." Then Chase asked if he could come over to talk with us and I told Ed I think this is the big question. So Ed and I hurried home and Chase met us there. He was so nervous and I knew this was it. He told us how much he loved Emily and how she meant the world to him. Then he asked permission to marry her. Ed says....well you know she is pretty special to me.....and I am thinking Ed don't make him sweat. He finally told him yes and we will give them our blessings. Emily has no idea that Chase was going to propose on Sunday. Chase his dad and brothers were going skydiving on Sunday and as Chase landed he walks over to Emily and gets down on one knee and proposes. His mom videotaped the whole event. We are so very happy for the both of them.

In the meantime Chase and Emily have been looking for a house. They found one in Double Oak on a acre of land,but the owner would not budge on the price. Since then they found a house in Bedford and we are hoping all works out.

They are looking for venues for the wedding so a date has not been determined. We are looking at May 2012. She does have a client that makes cakes and wants to do her cakes for the wedding. A friend of Chase is a photographer and is giving them a great deal. We also went to look at dresses and she has found a dress. So we are getting there eventually. Alot of exciting times ahead for Emily and Chase and they start their life together.

No comments:

Post a Comment